Why it is important to have a skin check.
Most skin cancer is curable if found in its early stages. Early diagnosis and regular skin cancer check ups promote healthy living. Excessive exposure to the sun is the leading cause of skin cancer, and those with lighter complexions are at a higher risk.
What does a Skin Check Involve.
Here at GP on Ebley medical centre all of our doctors are experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions. We offer:
- Full skin checks;
- Both medical and surgical skin treatments;
- Referrals for any skin checks that are of a suspicious nature.
- Also other examinations considered necessary by the GP.
Early Detection of skin cancer.
It is a good idea to talk to one of our doctors about your level of risk and for their advice on early detection. The sooner a skin cancer is identified and treated the better your chance of avoiding surgery.
Our GPs also advise checking your skin regularly to find any changes that may suggest skin cancer.
Things to Look for:
- new spots, freckles or moles changing in colour, thickness or shape;
- any crusty spots or non-healing sores;
- small lumps that are red, pale or pearly in colour
If you notice any changes please contact us to make an appointment with one of our doctors at our skin cancer clinic.
Some Common skin conditions may require minor surgery and can be treated onsite at the time of consultation.